Only through continuous communication and progress can students be successful in an online course. The Bridgeway Academy pacing guides outline the weekly minimum work requirements through the use of pace charts. These are agreed upon when the course starts. Students may, of course, work faster than originally projected on the pace charts. The Academic Progress Policy was presented during initial enrollment and is shown below:
Students should work according to the pacing guide and work a minimum of two (2) hours per week per course. This is the minimum requirement – students should expect to spend four (4) hours per week per course. If students fall below this pace for more than 8 consecutive weeks, students will face an academic hold followed by academic withdrawal. Tuition is non-refundable for students that are academically withdrawn. Communication with your advisor is essential if circumstances occur that prevent your student from completing the weekly minimum number of hours in the online program.
It is essential that the student and advisor maintain regular contact. In order to complete the program in the allocated number of days, students must work a minimum of two (2) hours per week per enrolled course. To ensure that our students are aware of this commitment, the process outlined below will be followed:
- Students will be informed that they are required to work at a minimum of two (2) hours per week per enrolled course according to the pacing guides. They may work faster than the pacing guide.
- If a student completes less than two (2) hours a week per course for two weeks in a row they will receive a progress alert email.
- If, after two months, the progress made is less than two (2) hours per week per course, or less than 15 hours of work, students will be sent an Academic Hold – Academic Withdrawal Warning email.
- Students must respond within 30 days of being placed on academic hold.
- Students can inform their advisor of the situation and work together to devise a plan to get back on track.
- If students do not respond or catch up within 30 days, students will be academically withdrawn.
- A student can be reinstated after being academic withdrawn for a re-registration fee of $195.00.
- Students can request an extension or leave of absence if circumstances occur preventing them from making minimum academic progress.