Sufficient technology and Internet access is required to complete online classes. The basic technology requirements for online students is outlined below. Note: Even if students are not taking online classes, access to a computer and the internet is required to access information about your student’s courses and progress through the Bridgeway Learning Center.
Basic Technical Requirements:
- PC or Mac: Standard laptops or desktops are supported
- Smart phones and tablets (including iPads) are not fully supported.
- Our website and learning center are mobile friendly, but not all of our learning content is compatible with iPads and other mobile devices.
- Operating System: Windows 7 or Newer; Mac OS X
- High speed Internet connection (Cable, DSL)
- “Tethered” wi-fi hotspots (cellular) or satellite Internet may be unsatisfactory
- Supported browsers: Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome
- World Language courses require speakers and a microphone, Placement testing for Grades K-3 require speakers and a microphone.
- We recommend (and courses may require) the latest versions of:
Students will need a program to create and edit documents online. The standard for this is Microsoft Office. *It is not necessary to purchase a program if you don’t already have it; free alternatives such as OpenOffice or Google docs can be used.
Bridgeway Academy advisors and our technical support team have an expansive knowledge of computer technology and our Learning Management System. Our support team also has remote diagnostic tools, allowing them to “see” a student’s computer and help diagnose issues from a distance.
Support is available via live chat during regular business hours. Outside of those hours, you can leave a message for our team and these messages will be responded to the next business day.
There are several ways that students and parents can resolve technical issues:
- Contact us using our contact form: Bridgeway Support
- Review our Knowledge Base for quick answers to common questions: Bridgeway Knowledge Base
- Live Chat – Click the purple circle from Bridgeway Moodle or the Bridgeway Learning Center
Below is the information about the browser you are using: